- How do we open the minds of people ? — a fundamental question, which certainly should be on top of any University’s agenda
- Should data bases be public – is it responsible to have them closed due to commercial interests ?
- People’s surface-to-volume ratio is close to the average of all species
- People are adaptive systems
- God has a strange sense of humour, at times.
- Models always build on time-scale assumptions – thus only a window in the time-scale is being described – this justifies the use of wavelets.
- The teacher is learning most or
- to be understood is to understand (Tore H-W)
- recently read in an advertisement for a professor position: “The University of xxx pursues a policy of intense student mentoring and therefore expects its teaching staff to be present during lecture periods.” — puzzles me, worries me intensely.
- NRK – I Larssons leilighet – Sverre Anker Ousdal: Jeg tenker på mann så vidt innflytelserike stillinger at man ikke kan unnlate å tillegge deres meninger en visst vekt.
This short for : Da må man høre på hva volk sier.
- Learning can be done in a fun way and is fun, but to become a professional requires a hard training. A university teaches general knowledge and educates professionals.
- I can teach it to you, but I cannot learn it for you.
- The person who is never wrong by making a mistake is never trying anything.
- Competence and trust are currently replaced by reporting and administration (2018).
Browse: Home / Aphorisms – thoughts