Re: Packed Column

From: skoge@chembio.ntnu.no
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 08:23:20 CEST

Dear Derrik Ling

I would use a staged model and adjust the number of stages in section
based on plant data (measured product compositions and temperature
profiles).

You may also adjust the stage holdups based on plant data

(note that I am using the name "stage" rather than "tray" as this could
be done also for a packed column).

Of course, if you have avaiable a distributed model then a packed column
could be modelled as such, but I do not think it is critical if
control is the main objective.

Best regards,
Sigurd Skogestad

Sigurd Skogestad, Professor and Head of Department Phone: +47-7359-4154
Department of Chemical Engineering Home: +47-7393-6855
Norwegian Univ. of Science and Technology (NTNU) Fax: +47-7359-4080
N-7491 Trondheim email: sigurd.skogestad@chembio.ntnu.no
Norway www.chembio.ntnu.no/users/skoge