Packed Column

From: Derrik Ling (lyling@tm.net.my)
Date: Thu Aug 10 2000 - 19:50:14 CEST

Dear Dr. Skogestad,
Thanks for Dr. help in replying the mail back to me. But I want to ask Dr,
something. From all of the paper in the research area of Dr., it all based
on continuous tray distillation column, how about packed column, does Dr.
touch this area before and how does the modeling on the packed column, does
it look like what is going on the tray column or another type. But in my
view, it's doesn't contain any molar holdup and thus totally differ from
what is going on for tray column. Can Dr. suggest something regarding this
matter for me?

I find many journal papers on the tray column like what is going on with
Column A, but it is tray modeling. How does a column with a pump-around
system work and how to modeling it in dynamic state as well. This is because
I found it is a interesting area.

Thank you,

Sincere,
Derrik Ling,
University of Technology Malaysia, Malaysia