Error in coprime factorization?

From: Kazuya Sato <sato@me.saga-u.ac.jp>
Date: Wed Sep 11 1996 - 04:56:01 CEST

Dear Professor Sigurd Skogestad,
My name is Kazuya Sato. I'm one of the researcher at Saga University.
My current research area is robust control and descriptor system. Nowadays,
I proposed the Robust stabilization of descriptor system using normalized
left coprime factor description. I'll present this paper in Symposium in
Japan.

By the way, I bought your book 'Multivariable Feedback Control, Analysis
and Design.' I think it is very nice book because it is written good
explanation and there are a lot of examples which can implement by MATLAB.
But I found a few error. In Chapter 4, pp.118, it is described that the
normalized left coprime factrization. In this part, there is a equation

(A-BS^(-1)D^(T)C)Z+Z(A-BS^(-1)D^(T)C)^(T)-ZC^(T)R^(-1)CZ+BS^(-1)B^(T)=0.

I think this equation would be

(A-BD^(T)R^(-1)C)Z+Z(A-BD^(T)R^(-1)C)^(T)-ZC^(T)R^(-1)CZ+BS^(-1)B^(T)=0.

In your book, you may be reffered to the book which was written by
McFarlane and Glover. This book has same error as your book. But in
Appendix A of their book, that equation was described as my pointed one.
When I derived the normalized left coprime factrization actually, the
riccati equation would be my one.
So, In Chapter 9, pp378, the equation (9.67) should be revised.

I guess that my attention is correct. But if it is my misunderstand, please
let me know and forgive me.

Yours sincerely,
Kazuya Sato

Kazuya Sato :
Production Division, Dept. of Mechanical Eng.
Faculty of Science and Engineering
Saga University
e-mail : sato@me.saga-u.ac.jp