CAPE workshops (20, 23, 24 Sep)

From: Sigurd Skogestad (skoge@chemeng.ntnu.no)
Date: Wed Sep 04 2002 - 14:40:35 MET DST

Hei,

Tony Perris arrangerer tre "workshops" i nærmeste fremtid:

20 Sep i Toulouse: Concurrent Front End Engineering & Conceptual Process Development
23 Sep i Liege: Modelling of products & novel unit processes
24 Sep i Liege: Use of models for improved operation

Se informasjon under. Deltagelse er gratis.

Det er fint om noen har anledning til å reise (gi i så fall gjerne meg beskjed).
PROST vil kunne være med å finansiere evt. deltager fra NTNU/Sintef, under forutsetning at man deltager aktivt og lager en liten rapport.
Merk at det er lagt opp til at man gir "elektroniske input" i forkant.

-Hilsen Sigurd

WORKSHOP No. 2: Modelling (23 Sep)
Subject: CAPE Alliance workshop on modelling of products & novel unit processes
Dear All,
Under the umbrella of the CAPE Alliance (see http://cape-alliance.ucl.org.uk) we are preparing a workshop on modelling of products & novel unit processes, to be held in Liege on Monday 23rd September. End-user requirements, technical options & opportunities and potential project consortia will all be discussed, in the context of funding by the EUREKA and FP6 schemes.
Background papers and an "interactive discussion page" are on the website (follow the link in the main menu to "Tell us what you think" and then to "Scope & Vision"): any insights you can provide would be much appreciated and you would, of course, be welcome at the workshop.
It is intended that working papers for the workshop will be prepared from these materials and distributed before the workshop takes place.
There is a lot of ground to cover in a single day and so it is important to gather & share as much information as possible beforehand, so that the discussions themselves can be as efficient as possible.
Please pass this on to your colleagues and contacts - the broader the range of input we receive, the better.
Please let me know if you wish to attend the workshop - space may be limited.
Thanks for your contributions,
Tony.

WORKSHOP No. 3: Use of models for improved operation  (24 Sep)
Subject: Process models in Manufacturing: a CAPE Alliance workshop
Dear All,
Under the umbrella of the CAPE Alliance (see http://cape-alliance.ucl.org.uk) we are preparing a workshop on "Model_Based Manufacturing" - the potential applications of process models during manufacturing operations.
This workshop will be held in Liege on Tuesday 24th September.
[...]

Sigurd Skogestad, Professor and Head of Department      Phone:  +47-7359-4154
Department of Chemical Engineering                      Home:   +47-7393-6855
Norwegian Univ. of Science and Technology (NTNU)        Fax:    +47-7359-4080
N-7491 Trondheim                                           email: skoge@chemeng.ntnu.no
Norway                                               http://www.chemeng.ntnu.no/~skoge