Re: Frequency Domain

From: Sigurd Skogestad <skoge@chembio.ntnu.no>
Date: Tue Feb 19 2002 - 18:40:15 CET

Dear Sigifredo Nino,

Thank you for your email and positive comments.

Unfortunately, I cannot off hand give you any good hints on books or web
sites with focus
on classical frequency domain techniques. Of course, it is taught in most
undergraduate control
courses, but it is difficult to find a single book which covers it
particularly well.

However, I will put your message on our web site, and then we will see if
anyone sees it and can recommend something.

In any case, I wish you good luck with reading the book, and with your work.

Best regards,
Sigurd Skogestad

At 12:03 PM 2/18/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Good day Prof. Skogestat:
>I have been studying your Multivariable Feedback Control book for the last
>month in my spare time ( I work full time!). I have found it very useful,
>full of good information, and which is very rare: for the most part,
>connected to the reality. I'm at the end of the second chapter and I have
>found that the requirements and fluency on frequency domain are very strong.
>Could you please recommend me a book and/or website I can refer to in search
>for working details on loop shaping and frequency domain for the
>wanna-be-initiated?
>
>Just in case here is my background in a pill:
>
>I am Electrical Engineer, and I have worked for the last 18 year as
>Instrumentation and then as Process Control Engineer. Until four years ago,
>when I moved to Canada, I had combined my development with teaching
>instrumentation and control for the process industry at the university. A
>year ago I got involved in development using our MPC (Connoisseur), and then
>looking for details of the theory behind it I found your book.
>

>Regards,
>
>Sigi
>Sigifredo Nino
>Foxboro Canada Inc.
>4, rue Lake
>Dollard-des-Ormeaux
>Quebec, Canada, H9B 3H9
>
>Telph.: +1-514-421-8108
>Fax: +1-514-421-8054
>snino@foxboro.ca

Sigurd Skogestad, Professor and Head of Department Phone +47
7359 4154
Department of Chemical Engineering Home +47
7393 6855
Norwegian University of Science and Technology Fax +47 7359 4080
N-7491 Trondheim email: skoge@chembio.ntnu.no
Norway www.chembio.ntnu.no/users/skoge
-- ON SABATTICAL LEAVE AT UC SANTA BARBARA FROM 25 OCT. 01 to 02 APR 02:
    Work: Dept. of Chem.Eng., UCSB, Santa Barbara, CA 93106-5080,
USA, ph. 805-893-5606,
    Home: 77 Alpine Dr., Goleta, CA 93117, USA. ph. 805-968-2113,
mobile ph. 805-455-9812