RE: Multivariable feedback control - coprime factorizations

From: Morten Hovd <morten.hovd@itk.ntnu.no>
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 08:56:01 CET

At 16:58 01.11.00 +0000, you wrote:
>Dear Morten
>
>Here is where I think you have gone wrong:
>
>U_r is not equal to N^*_r and similarly V_r is not equal to M^*_r. You have
>assumed this and then you conclude that U_r and V_r are unstable which is
>wrong.
>
>I haven't checked the example but I don't expect a problem.
>
>Sigurd: what do you think?
>
>Ian

Dear Ian,

you are quite right, thanks for the clarification.

Your book does not spell out how to find V_r and U_r, which are needed in
Eq. 4.91 for the parametrization of all stabilizing controllers.
This would be quite helpful for blockheads like me - but I found it in the
book of Zhou, Doyle and Glover.

A small detail: I believe the reference (Vidyasagar, 1985) on page 118
should be (Vidyasagar, 1988) which is where he finds the realization for
the normalized coprime factorization.

- Morten

Morten Hovd Phone: +4773591426
Professor of Process Control Fax: +4773594399
Department of Engineering Cybernetics
Norwegian University of Technology and Science
N-7030 Trondheim, Norway e-mail: morten.hovd@itk.ntnu.no