Forwarded: Re: multivariable servomechanism (p

From: IXP <ixp@leicester.ac.uk>
Date: Mon Apr 07 1997 - 11:50:08 CEST

Dear Sigurd

Below is my brief reply to Bernado.

Cheers

Ian
******************************

From: Self <IXP>
To: bernardo@tamarugo.cec.uchile.cl
Subject: Re: multivariable servomechanism (postlethwaite)
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 10:42:53

Dear Bernado

Rolling mills are required to follow ramps at start-up ie the speed is ramped up from
zero to some steady state value. Gain scheduling is often then used because the models
are different at different speeds.

Perhaps you could find such a model in the literature. You really need a nonlinear
model. We have one but it was provided by a company who will not let us give it to a
third
party.

Regards

Ian Postlethwaite