- Who am I, and where?
- Associate professor at the Department of Mathematical Sciences
- My office is in room 1154, sentralbygg 2
- I will retire in the fall of 2021,
and can accordingly not undertake advice of new students.
- See also my official home page
- Phone: +47 7359 3525
- Email and SfB: email@example.com
- Fields of scientific interest:
- Conservation laws and nonlinear partial differential equations
- Functional analysis
- Mathematical modelling
- Stochastic analysis
- Jordan operator algebras by Harald Hanche-Olsen and Erling Størmer (Pitman 1984) is available as a free download.
- Proceedings volume: Non-Linear Partial Differential Equations, Mathematical Physics, and Stochastic Analysis – The Helge Holden anniversary volume. Editors: Fritz Gesztesy, HH-O, Espen R. Jakobsen, Yuri I. Lyubarskii, Nils Henrik Risebro, Kristian Seip (EMS 2018). I also did the copyediting and final typesetting for this book.
- Some papers:
- On the uniform convexity of Lp (arXiv/doi:10.1090/S0002-9939-06-08366-3)
- With Marte Godvik: Existence of solutions for the Aw–Rascle traffic flow model with vacuum (preprint/doi:10.1142/S0219891608001428).
- With Marte Godvik: Car-following and the macroscopic Aw–Rascle traffic flow model (preprint/doi:10.3934/dcdsb.2010.13.279).
- On Goursat's proof of Cauchy's integral theorem
With Helge Holden: The Kolmogorov–Riesz compactness theorem (arXiv/doi:10.1016/j.exmath.2010.03.001)
– Addendum to the above (arXiv/doi:10.1016/j.exmath.2015.12.003)
- With Helge Holden and Eugenia Malinnikova: An improvement of the Kolmogorov-Riesz compactness theorem (arXiv)
- With Martin Grötschel, Helge Holden and Michael P. Krystek: On angular measures in axiomatic Euclidean planar geometry (arXiv:2011.05779). This preprint is an opinion piece regarding the rôle of angular measure in SI, and thus perhaps of limited interest to mathematicians. It does, however, contain a concise summary of basic axiomatic geometry, in a modern form.
- Running The Norwegian Mathematical Olympiad 2011–2021